Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Unhanging




I've held off on this last post for no real reason other than, I guess, I didn't want to write it - it means the show is over.





So the show was up and was great fun and then it had to come down. I went in on a Saturday night to kill it...











It was Oct. 30, the night before Halloween and some crazy things happened. A cat kept
watching me. There was a dude dressed as a wizard too.




























So first, taking down the beautiful art. Sigh.






Abra cadabra!











I drank a sentimental favorite. I was on my own with a loud iPod, which was ok. It seemed
appropriate to do this by myself.




,





,






,






,



,









A cat came to visit.






Then,




,






,






,






The wizard left this weird lizard on the window.


The work down and all safe, I had to start sanding the walls. The wheatpasted art was
going to be just painted over but I needed to sand down the edges so they didn't show too
much.







































So sanding and scraping over all the lovely things. Sigh.














I finally got too tired to finish. The next day Greg came in, finished the sanding and
painted the walls. Thanks Greg.




Seeing the space all empty was weird. I spent so much time at the show - more than any
other show I've done or been in.




There's something fitting about a show that champions ephemeral DIY lo-fi art that itself
iss ephemeral, DIY and lo-fi. Sigh.

Next: Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment